Friendly ways to lose five pounds
If you’re looking to lose 5 pounds this spring but don’t want to spend a fortune on expensive gym memberships or equipment, you might want to consider turning to Mother Nature for the ultimate weight loss routine.
Just like your body, the environment needs special care and attention to stay healthy and strong, and now you can do your part by giving back to the earth this spring with these five easy tips and tricks. Not only will you help save on natural resources, but you’ll be able to lose more weight than ever before!
Trim Back the Fat While Giving Back to Mother Nature
1. Grow Your Own Food: Planting seeds and pulling weeds can help you give back to the earth while simultaneously torching calories and saving on food. Fresh home-grown produce may take a little more work than hopping in the car and driving to the grocery store, but the fat-burning results are worth it.
Whether you have a small patch of ground in your backyard or have to turn to a community garden to dig around, gardening is the perfect excuse to exercise and live a healthier life.
2. Skip the Soda: Soda is not only packed with empty calories and sugars, but the plastic and aluminum containers can be damaging to the environment. Lose the bottle and lose 5 pounds by opting for the most thirst-quenching zero-calorie beverage of all: good old fashioned water.
Tip: If you don’t like the flat flavor of water, liven it up with a slice of lemon or lime.
3. Walk to Work: Not only will walking to work regularly save you gas and money, but the extra calories will trim down your waistline and reduce your risk for heart disease. Mother Nature will thank you for cutting down on carbon emissions, and your body will thank you for the extra cardio exercise.
Tip: If you take public transportation to work, try getting off at an earlier stop and walking the rest of the way.
4. Hit the Hay an Hour Earlier: Getting enough sleep each night is vital to speeding muscle recovery and keeping your metabolism hormones in check, and studies have shown that people who slept for less than 7 hours each night were more likely to gain weight than those who slept for the full 8 hours.
Rather than staying up late reading online articles or catching up on your favorite flicks, switch off the lights and settle down for a good night’s sleep. You’ll save money on electricity and be doing the environment a favor.
5. Be Vegetarian for a Day: Well-balanced diets rich in fruits and vegetables are the most effective solutions for slimming down this spring. Although you don’t have to go entirely meatless for the rest of your life, cutting out meat for a day will not only shrink your carbon footprint but shrink your waistline as well!
According to research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, those who eat meat regularly are more likely to become obese than vegetarians, vegans, and even part-time vegetarians.
Additionally, nearly one-fifth of human-made greenhouse gases can be attributed to the meat industry, so skip out on the burgers once a week if you want to lose weight while you save the world.
With these simple and environmentally friendly ways to lose 5 pounds, you can burn the extra calories without burning our natural resources. When you give back this spring, you’ll be amazed at how energetic and motivated you will feel. By working with the natural tools you already have, you can save money while slimming down – how’s that for a win-win situation?